We made it!
Hello Zaniacs! It has a been a great summer in spite of all the challenges brought by COVID-19. Zaniac Greenwich was able to accommodate students and campers online and in-person throughout the summer. We have taught more than 150 students and over 1,600 classes online! Your support has been incredible! Learning doesn't have to stop!
Let's Talk Back to School!
Back to School is fast approaching. Make sure your kids' after-school program is ready to roll! Zaniac Greenwich will continue to offer both online and in-person Technology & Academic Enrichment throughout the 2020-2021 school year.
Zaniac's STEAM programs are designed from the ground up to prioritize fun, active engagement within an integrated, multidisciplinary approach to problem-solving.
After-school in-person programs meet for 90 minutes, once a week for six weeks. For online programs, mix & match your schedule! We offer classes from Monday through Saturday.
New Programs include: Young Entrepreneurs, Dungeons & Dragons, GameTheory Coding, and Readorium Online!
How are we protecting our students and staff
Zaniac Greenwich continues to follow all guidelines provided by the State of Connecticut's Office of Early Childhood, Centers for Disease Control and local authorities to ensure the safety for our campers and staff.The following requirements will be included in our Camp Plan during this public health emergency:
- All staff & children are required to be screened for any observable illness. Campus staff will take camper's temperature upon arrival with a digital infrared no-touch thermometer. Staff or children with a temperature higher than 100 degrees will not be permitted into the program
- We will have a plan for children and staff who develop observable illnesses based on the local health department advisory
Masks/Social Distancing/Workplace Safety:
- Use of mask or cloth face covering and gloves for each employee at all times while in the workplace
- Appropriate social distancing strategies will be implemented:
- We will limit mixing of participants by including the same group of campers & staff each day of the week. For this reason, Zaniac is only providing week-long camps (no single-day camps)
- Each camp will remain in their assigned space for the duration of the camp
- Reduction of camp capacity by half in order to provide enough space between working stations
- Campers will not gather together for breaks nor share snacks & lunches
Parent Drop-off & Pick-up:
- Instructors will greet and dismiss campers outside the campus doors on the 2nd floor right outside the elevators. Parents will not be allowed in the space unless there is an emergency
Clean & Disinfect:
- A hand hygiene station will be available outside the door so that campers can clean their hands before they enter
- A regular cleaning staff will conduct a daily sanitization and disinfection routine of surfaces and objects with EPA-registered household disinfectant
- Computers screens, keyboards, mice, EV3 Robots and LEGOs will be sprayed with EPA-registered household disinfectant after every camp
- The building management has implemented additional routine cleaning in common areas to disinfect all door knobs, horizontal surfaces, bathrooms and elevators several times a day
For more information on CT Office of Early Childhood Guidelines for Youth Camps please click here.